Jam Crumb Bars
1 1/2 cups (180 g) white flour (or half:half white and whole wheat flour)
1/3 cup (65 g) white sugar
1 pinch salt
10 Tbsp (125 g) butter, at room temperature
1 jar jam
For the topping:
1/3 cup (40 g) white flour
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp white sugar
1/2 cup (40 g) oats
2 Tbsp (25 g) butter, at room temperature
Flaky sea salt, like Maldon
1. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C. Line a baking dish (like for a cake or a square brownie pan) with parchment paper.
2. For the shortbread crust, mix flour, sugar, butter, and a pinch of salt together in a food processor (if no food processor, you can mix with your hands). It should form a very crumbly batter. Dump this into the lined dish and press into an even layer, corner to corner.
3. Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and spread evenly with a jar of jam. Top that with the oat crumble topping, and return to the oven for 25 minutes.
5. Sprinkle flaky sea salt over the top of the bars. Then allow to cool completely before cutting so that the jam and fruit can set. Serve at room temperature.